Wyoming Registered Nurse 20 Hours Needed
Nurses must renew by December 31st every other year on even years.
RNs and LPNs: Required every two year licensing period:
- If full-time, no continuing education.
- If part-time, 20 contact hours (if worked less than 1600 hours in the last five years or less than 500 hours in the last two years).
APRNs: Required 60 contact hours in specialty area every two year licensing period and 400 practice hours. Prescriptive authority requires an additional 15 hours of pharmacology and clinical management of drug therapy.
Wyoming Nurses must fulfill their renewal requirements in one of the following ways:
1. Worked a minimum of 500 practice hours in the last 2 years
2. Worked a minimum of 1600 practice hours in the last 5 years
3. Completed an RN refresher course in the last 5 years
4. Obtained a national certification in the last 5 years
5. Passed the NCLEX within the last 5 years
6. Completed 20 hours of continuing education
Renewal fee is $130.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact the Wyoming State Board of Nursing at (307) 777-7601 orhttp://soswy.state.wy.us/Rules/RULES/8383.pdf – RNs and LPNs orhttp://soswy.state.wy.us/Rules/RULES/7777.pdf – APRNs for additional information regarding your continuing education.