Utah Registered Nurse: 30 Hours Needed
Nurses must renew by January 31st of every odd-numbered year.
RNs and LPNs: Required one of the following every two year licensing period:
- 400 hours of licensed practice, or
- 200 hours of licensed practice plus 15 contact hours, or
- 30 contact hours.
APRNs: Required the following every two year licensing period:
- Must maintain national certification, and
- Must be currently certified in specialty area, or
- Must complete 30 hours of CE (if licensed prior to 7/1/92) and 400 hours of practice each licensing period.
Renewal fee is $58.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact the Utah State Board of Nursing at (801) 530-6628 or http://www.dopl.utah.gov/laws/R156-31b.pdf for additional information regarding your continuing education.