Oklahome Registered Nurse 28 Hours Needed
Nurses must renew their licenses every 2 years by the end of their birth month.
RNs and LPNs: Effective 07/11/12. Required one of the following every two year licensing period:
- verify 520 hours of employment a year, or
- complete 24 hours of continuing education, or
- verify current certification in a nursing specialty area, or
- complete a board approved refresher course, or
- complete 6 academic semester credits hours of coursework at the current level of licensure or higher.
APRNs with prescriptive authority: Required 15 contact hours every two year licensing period in pharmacotherapeutics, clinical application, and use of pharmacological agents in the prevention of illness and in the restoration and maintenance of health (Title 59, Chapter 12, Section 567.1).
Renewal fee is $75.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact the Oklahoma Board of Nursing at (405) 963-1800 or https://www.ok.gov/nursing/rules14.pdffor additional information regarding your continuing education.