Idaho Registered Nurse: 0 Hours Required
The state of Idaho does not require CE hours in regards to licensure or renewal.
Idaho Board of Nursing Rule Change
New Continuing Competency Requirements take effect starting all 2019 renewals and afterwards. In order to renew, RNs must complete two (2) of the follow in accordance to IDAPA 23.01.01.061.
- Hold a current nursing specialty certification as defined in Section 402 or complete least 100 hours of practice or simulation practice
- Complete 15 CE hours of continuing education, complete a minimum of one (1) semester credit hour of post-licensure academic education, complete a board-recognized refresher course, or participate in or present a workshop, seminar, or conference relevant to nursing
- Be an acknowledged contributor to a published nursing-related article, teach or develop a nursing-related course, or participate in related professional activities approved by the board
Idaho is a member of the enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact, allowing for practice in specific states with only a single state’s license. Details can be found here.
Registered Nurses renew every odd year on August 31. Details about logins, renewals, late fees, and other licensure and renewal-related information can be found on the Idaho Board of Nursing website.
Steps To Complete
- Complete required continuing education hours.
- Complete renewal information and application and pay your appropriate renewal fee for desired license status by mail or online.
For more information about licensure and renewal, please visit the Idaho Board of Nursing website.
Click the course card to the left to access a customized course search specific to Idaho RNs. If you have any questions, use the chat icon in the bottom corner of your screen or check out support.mytablemesa.com.