Hawaii Licensed Practical Nurse: 0-30 CE Hours Required
Licensed Practical Nurses in Hawaii are required to complete one of the following for each licensure and renewal period.
- Maintain a national certification or recertification related to the nurse’s practice role
- Complete 30 CE hours
- Complete a board-approved refresher course
- Complete a minimum of two semester credits of post-licensure academic education related to nursing practice from an accredited nursing program
- Participate as a preceptor, for at least one nursing student or employee transitioning into new clinical practice areas for at least 120 hours, in a one-to-one relationship as part of an organized preceptorship program
- The licensee may precept more than one student or employee during the 120
- Documented evidence of hours completed and objectives of the preceptorship by the institution supervising the student are required
- Complete, as principal or co-principal investigator, a nursing research project that is an institutional review board project or an evidence-based practice project pre-approved by the board
- Author or coauthor a peer-reviewed, published nursing or health-related article, book, or book chapter
- Develop and conduct a nursing education presentation or presentations, totaling a minimum of five (5) hours of actual organized instruction that qualifies as CE
- Complete a board-recognized nurse residency program or a similar type of learning activity option; provided that the type of activity shall be recognized by the board.
Licensed Practical Nurses renew every odd year on June 30. Further details on licensure and renewal are available at the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.
Steps To Complete
- Complete required continuing education hours.
- Complete renewal information and application and pay your appropriate renewal fee for desired license status by mail or online.
Click the course card to the left to access a customized course search specific to Hawaii LPNs. If you have any questions, use the chat icon in the bottom corner of your screen or check out support.mytablemesa.com.