Hawaii Advanced Practice Registered Nurse: 0-30 CE Hours Required
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses in Hawaii are not required to complete CE for licensure or renewal unless they have or want prescriptive authority. The following must be completed for each licensure and renewal period in order to renew APRN-RX status.
- Show proof of your National Certification Evidence of your current certification in the nursing practice specialty by a board-recognized national certifying body, such as but not limited to Family Nurse Practitioner from the ANCC
- You may submit a copy of your pocket card or any other document from the national certifying body that indicates your current national certification
- If you have more than one national certification, you must submit evidence of all your current national certifications for prescriptive authority or that practice specialty will be removed and will no longer be reflected in your practice specialty
- Complete 30 CE hours, of which eight (8) hours must be in pharmacology related to your clinical practice specialty area and approved by a board-recognized certifying body
- Regardless of when you obtain prescriptive authority, you must comply with renewal requirements, which may include additional CE in order to meet the renewal requirements.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses renew every odd year on June 30. Further details on licensure and renewal are available at the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.
Steps To Complete
- Complete required continuing education hours.
- Complete renewal information and application and pay your appropriate renewal fee for desired license status by mail or online.
Click the course card to the left to access a customized course search specific to Hawaii APRNs. If you have any questions, use the chat icon in the bottom corner of your screen or check out support.mytablemesa.com.