Georgia Registered Nurse: 0-30 Hours Needed
Registered Nurses can renew their license through one of five methods:
- Complete 30 CE hours
- Maintain certification through a national organization
- Complete an accredited academic program of study in nursing or a related field
- Verification of competency from a health care facility and completion of 500 practice hours
- Complete a board-approved reentry program or graduation from a nursing education program
Georgia is a member of the enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact, allowing for practice in specific states with only a single state’s license. Details can be found here.
Steps To Complete
- Complete required continuing education hours.
- Complete renewal information and application and pay your appropriate renewal fee for desired license status by mail or online.
- Check CE Broker to make sure all CE hours have been appropriately reported.
GA Board approved CE providers are required to report completed hours within 60 days of the date of completion. If you take a course approved by another state board, you will need to self report the course on cebroker.com.