Florida Medical Doctor: 40 Hours Needed
Initial Licensure and First Renewal
- Visit the MD renewal page at Florida Board of Medicine for details regarding first renewal
Every Renewal Period Post First Renewal
- 38 general hours
- Two (2) hours relating to prevention of medical errors.
Select Renewal Periods Post First Renewal
- Two (2) hours of domestic violence CE every third renewal. This counts as part of the 38 general hours, keeping the total of 40 hours that renewal period
Medical Doctors renew in two different groups, one even years and one odd years. Both groups have a renewal deadline of January 31. Fees and documentation for license renewal can be paid through mail or on the FL Board of Medicine website. Florida MD’s must check and make sure their CE hours have been appropriately reported to CE Broker.
Steps To Complete
- Complete required continuing education hours.
- Complete renewal information and application and pay your appropriate renewal fee for desired license status by mail or online.
- Check CE Broker to make sure all CE hours have been appropriately reported.
FL Board approved CE providers are required to report completed hours within 60 days of the date of completion. If you take a course approved by another state board, you will need to self report the course on cebroker.com.