Florida Certified Nursing Assistant: 24 Training Hours Needed
All Certified Nursing Assistants must complete a minimum of 24 hours of in-service training each biennium. In-service training hours for CNAs shall include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Bloodborne Pathogens, Infection Control
- Domestic Violence
- Medical Record Documentation and Legal Aspects Appropriate to Nursing Assistants
- Resident Rights
- Communication with cognitively impaired clients
- CPR skills
- Medical Error Prevention and Safety
Florida is a member of the enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact, allowing for practice in specific states with only a single state’s license. Details can be found here.
Certified Nursing Assistants renew every two years, and fall into one of two groups, those renewing even years and those renewing odd years. In both groups, the deadline is May 31. Fees and documentation for license renewal can be paid through mail or on the FL Board of Nursing website.
Steps To Complete
- Complete required hours.
- Complete renewal information and application and pay your appropriate renewal fee for desired license status by mail or online.