Delaware Advanced Practice Registered Nurse: 30-40 Hours Needed
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses do not have additional CE requirements beyond what is needed to renew their Registered Nurse License unless you have prescriptive authority, in which case you must complete 10 CE hours in pharmacology/pharmacotherapeutics. In addition, APRNs must attest to having completed one of the following for every licensure and renewal period.
- Having practiced 1,500 hours over the past five years
- Having practiced 600 hours over the past two years
- Graduated from the specialty program within the past two years
Delaware is a member of the enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact, allowing for practice in specific states with only a single state’s license. Details can be found here.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses renew at the same time as their RN licensure, either February 28, May 31, or September 30. If you do not have a Delware RN license but are a Delware APRN, your renewal date is September 30. Prescriptive Authority renewal deadlines are the same as your APRN renewal deadline.
Steps To Complete
- Complete required continuing education hours.
- Complete renewal information and application and pay your appropriate renewal fee for desired license status by mail or online.
All CE hours completed must come from a provider that has been pre-approved by the Delaware Board of Nursing. For more information on Delaware RN licensure and renewal, please visit the Delaware Board website.
Click the course card to the left to access a customized course search specific to Delaware APRNs. If you have any questions, use the chat icon in the bottom corner of your screen or check out support.mytablemesa.com.