California Advanced Practice Nurse: 30 Hours Needed
Advanced Practice Nurses are required to completed 30 CE hours every licensing and renewal period, the same as a Registered Nurse. No additional CE is needed.
Initial Registered Nurse licenses are issued for two (birthdays), and will expire on the last day of the month following your birthday. After that point, the license will renew every two years. License numbers are permanent, so even if choose to let your license go inactive and then seek to renew it, your number will be the same. More information about licensure can be found on the California Board website.
Steps To Complete
- Complete required continuing education hours.
- Complete renewal information and application and pay your appropriate renewal fee for desired license status by mail or online.
Courses must be approved/offered by one of the following:
- California Board of Nursing
- Another state board of nursing
- The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- American Medical Association PRA Category I courses
For all of the details related to nursing licensure and renewal, visit the California Board website.
Click the course card to the left to access a customized course search specific to California APRNs. If you have any questions, use the chat icon in the bottom corner of your screen or check out support.mytablemesa.com.