Arkansas Licensed Practical Nurse: 15 Hours Needed
Initial Licensure and Renewal
Licensed Practical Nurses licensed in Arkansas that are renewing for the first time (less than 24 months from their initial license date) will be exempt from CE requirements. If your initial renewal is the standard 24 months from licensure, you will need to complete the renewal CE requirements.
Every Renewal Period
Arkansas Licensed Practical Nurses are required to complete one of the following CE aspects for every licensing and renewal period:
- 15 hours of accredited and approved coursework
- Hold a current, nationally-recognized nursing certification/recertification
- Complete at least one college credit hour course in nursing with a grade of C or better during your licensure period
Reinstatement from inactive status or any late renewals of less than five (5) years must complete 20 hours of appropriately accredited activities.
Arkansas is a member of the enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact, allowing for practice in specific states with only a single state’s license. Details can be found here.
Licensed Practical Nurses renew every two years, with 24 unique renewal groups, one group for each month of the two year period. Your renewal deadline will always be the last day of the month of your birthday and the will match “even” or “odd” years based on your birth year (if you were born in 1980, you renew every even year, but if you were born in 1981, you renew every odd year). For more information, please visit the Arkansas Board of Nursing website.
Steps To Complete
- Complete required continuing education hours.
- Complete renewal information and application and pay your appropriate renewal fee for desired license status by mail or online.
Click the course card to the left to access a customized course search specific to Arkansas LPNs. If you have any questions, use the chat icon in the bottom corner of your screen or check out support.mytablemesa.com.