Arkansas Advanced Practice Registered Nurse: 15 Hours Needed
Arkansas Advanced Practice Registered Nurses are required to complete five (5) hours of pharmacotherapeutics related to their specialty certification as well as one of the following for every licensing and renewal period:
- 15 hours of accredited and approved coursework
- Hold a current, nationally-recognized nursing certification/recertification
- Complete at least one college credit hour course in nursing with a grade of C or better during your licensure period
Reinstatement from inactive status or any late renewals of less than five (5) years must complete 20 hours of appropriately accredited activities along with the five (5) hours of specified pharmacotherapeutics.
Arkansas is a member of the enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact, allowing for practice in specific states with only a single state’s license. Details can be found here.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses renew every two years, with 24 unique renewal groups, one group for each month of the two year period. Your renewal deadline will always be the last day of the month of your birthday and the will match “even” or “odd” years based on your birth year (if you were born in 1980, you renew every even year, but if you were born in 1981, you renew every odd year). For more information, please visit the Arkansas Board of Nursing website.
Steps To Complete
- Complete required continuing education hours.
- Complete renewal information and application and pay your appropriate renewal fee for desired license status by mail or online.
Click the course card to the left to access a customized course search specific to Arkansas LPNs. If you have any questions, use the chat icon in the bottom corner of your screen or check out support.mytablemesa.com.