Alaska Registered Nurse: 30 Hours Needed
Alaska Registered Nurses must complete two of the following methods of maintaining continuing competency (Article 6 of 12 AAC) in order to have their license renewed or registered.
- (a) 30 contact hours of continuing education prescribed under 12 AAC 44.610
- (b) 30 hours of participation in professional activities prescribed under 12 AAC 44.620
- (c) 320 hours of employment prescribed under 12 AAC 44.630
In lieu of meeting the above requirements, licensees may qualify for alternative methods of continuing competency pursuant 12 AAC 44.640.
Registered Nurses renew every even year on November 30th. The requirements specific to licensure and renewal based on the details listed above can be found at Alaska Board of Nursing website.
Steps To Complete
- Complete required continuing education hours.
- Complete renewal information and application and pay your appropriate renewal fee for desired license status by mail or online.
Courses must be approved or offered by one of the following:
- Alaska Board of Nursing
- The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)—course with a “P” designation or identification number
- A national nursing organization
For more information, contact the Alaska Board of Nursing.
Click the course card to the left to access a customized course search specific to Alaska RNs. If you have any questions, use the chat icon in the bottom corner of your screen or check out support.mytablemesa.com.