Alabama Registered Nurse: 24 Hours Needed
- 20 general hours
- Four (4) hours of Alabama Board–provided continuing education related to Board functions, the Nurse Practice Act, regulations, professional conduct, and accountability is required for the first license renewal.
Every Renewal Period Post First Renewal
- 24 general hours
Registered Nurses licenses are valid from January 1 of each odd-numbered year and expires December 31 of each even-numbered year.
If licensed by examination, reinstatement or endorsement during the earning period the contact hours are prorated. A prorated chart is on the Board’s web site, www.abn.alabama.gov.
Steps To Complete
- Complete required continuing education hours.
- Complete renewal information and application and pay your appropriate renewal fee for desired license status by mail or online.
Courses must be approved/offered by one of the following:
- Alabama Board of Nursing
- Another State Board of Nursing
- The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- The International Association of Continuing Education Training (IACET)
- American Medical Association Physician’s Recognition Award Category I activities
For further questions, please visit the Alabama Board of Nursing website.
Click the course card to the left to access a customized course search specific to Alabama RNs. If you have any questions, use the chat icon in the bottom corner of your screen or check out support.mytablemesa.com.